Employee Assistance Programs- Information for Clients and Families
What is Employee Assistance?
Employee Assistance is short term, brief counseling provided by an individual’s employer at no cost to the employee. The number of sessions can range from 3 -8 depending upon the seriousness of the presented by the employee and/or their family member. The employee must contact their Employee Assistance Case Manager to obtain authorization for the services prior to their visit to the clinician (Mental Health Professional).
Issues addressed in the EAP sessions can be concerns about:
- family matters involving parenting, communication, teen issues, and discipline
- divorce concerns-personal adjustment to the new directions of live
- grief and loss whether due to loss of a family member, yet also can include loss of job, health status, financial stress, or other issues due to grief
- stress management for the employee
- anger management
- partner abuse
- co-worker, manager, or other types of conflict in the work place
- medical problems
- public speaking anxiety
- suicide risk
- disciplinary stress
- low self esteem
- educational deficits
- crisis incidents at work
- martial conflict
- legal conflicts
- parent child conflict
- work and family balance concern
If you or a family member are experiencing any of these concerns, do contact our office as we participate with many plans to provide employee assistance services.
Employers, our office can provide stress management training for your staff and business, along with many other types of employee related services.
We work with Magellan EAP, CIGNA EAP, Federal Occupational Employees EAP, BCBS EAP related providers, HORIZON EAP, and various others as we porvide services to the Horry and Georgetown County residents and their families.
Some Free Articles for Downloading
If you would like to learn more about Employee Assistance information, download one of our free articles to share with others.
Contact us today for further information about EAP services.We welcome your questions and queries.